Join Dafanews today and get to enjoy our Free to Play Games.
  • Coming Soon!

  • Coming Soon!

  • Join Dafanews

    Create Account

    [ultimatemember form_id=12362]

    Welcome, !

    You have successfully created your account. You can now enjoy our FREE TO PLAY GAMES

  • Coming Soon!

  • Coming Soon!

  • Play Now Play Now

    Welcome, !

    You have successfully created your account. You can now enjoy our FREE TO PLAY GAMES or access our wide range of DAFABET products

  • Coming Soon!

  • Coming Soon!

  • Can't Login?

    Coming Soon!

    Coming Soon!

    Typhoon hampers possibility of Japan Grand Prix Qualifiers

    Red-Bull-driver-Pierre-Gasly-Formula-1-Japan-Grand-Prix

    Formula 1   |   October 11, 2019

    The possibility of a typhoon spoiling plans has made the Formula 1 consider cancelling the Japan Grand Prix Qualifier. Although they are yet to make a decision and have chosen Friday as the day when they would finally decide whether or not to cancel the event. The Typhoon Hagibis is steadily approaching the Island of Honshu, where Suzuka, the venue for the qualifiers, is located.

    Top officials at Formula 1 have said that they are analyzing things and paying attention to reports as they are trying to follow the already set timetable as much as possible.

    They, however, assured fans and competitors that they would still place their safety as a priority. Organizers of the event are keeping a close watch on the movement of the storm to see if it would affect the race tracks on Saturday. Everyone is monitoring the storm, which has forced the cancellation of two rugby world cup matches this week alone.

    Putting off the decision on whether or not to cancel the race till Friday is in the light of optimism, as there is hope that the storm would relieve and not crash on the island. Formula 1 would take the decision, and the Japanese local authorities would decide on whether to close the circuit.

    In the possibility of the typhoon disrupting things, the only alteration they can make is to move the qualifying race to Sunday, just before the main race. This would not be the first time a typhoon would force the qualifying race to be pushed to Sunday as it had happened in 2004 and 2010.

    Speaking on the delay in the decision, Ferrari driver, Sebastian Vettel, commented that it was not in the minds of the organizers to put anyone in harm’s way. He also said that there could be a possibility of the typhoon dissipating, as there could be better weather, so it is fair for the organizers to leave the decision making till the night before the event.

    Already winds speed are predicted to be at 160km/h by Saturday, making it very impossible for anyone to be driving out.

    We can only watch and see what happens in the next 36 hours. Doing the qualifiers on the morning of Sunday seems the likely possibility, but there could be a miracle.

    Seasoned driver, Pierre Gasly is backed at 1.35 to be classified for the Japanese Grand Prix, while the possibility of him not being classified is set at 2.95.

     

     

    Written by: Leon Osamor

    ×
    Embed Code