The future of PSG striker Kylian Mbappe has come up with a new twist as the Ligue 1 giant rejected the latest bid from Spanish giants Real Madrid.
Mbappe has never hidden his love for the Los Blancos, having said it is his dream to play for the 13-time Champions League winners.
This was revealed by Paris Saint-Germain’s sporting director Leonardo, who said the offer, which was reportedly around 160 million euros ($188 million), was not enough for a player they wanted to keep.
The club management has not successfully convinced the world cup winner to sign a new deal, with just a year left on his current contract.
Speaking to the media over the latest development, Leonardo reiterates the club’s position that they are keen to see the star player sign a new deal, which follows the footstep of his teammate, Neymar, who recently extended his stay to 2025.
The former Brazilian player described the Spanish club’s approach to the Frenchman as disrespectful, incorrect, and illegal, adding that if the 22-year-old wants to leave, they won’t stop him, but he will leave or stay on the club’s terms.
Speaking further, Leonardo pointed that any player has the right to leave the club as the project is above everyone. The Brazilian added that PSG had done everything to convince him to stay.
It could be recalled that PSG initially got Mbape on a loan deal before eventually paying 180 million euros to Monaco for his service in 2017.
Meanwhile, the arrival of sic times world footballer of the year, Lionel Messi, seems to have made him leave the club earlier this month.
So far this season, the world cup winner has scored one goal and provided two assists in three appearances this season. Messi is set to make his PSG debut against Reims on Sunday.
Written by: Oladipupo Mojeed