Liverpool’s Egyptian forward, Mohamed Salah, has revealed that he will be staying at the Anfield stadium for another season despite several rumors about his stay at Merseyside during the season.
Salah ended the season as the joint top scorer in the Premier League this season alongside Tottenham’s South Korean forward Son Heung-Min, with both players scoring 23 goals each.
However, Salah had 13 assists compared to Son’s 7 as Liverpool was edged to the League title on the final day of the season.
The Egyptian has now assured Liverpool fans that he will be at the club for sure for the next season, albeit he never revealed any of his intentions towards signing a new contract with the current one expected to end in the summer of 2023.
The 29-year-old also used the opportunity to speak about the UEFA Champions League final, which comes up between Liverpool and Real Madrid at the Parc De Princes on Saturday.
“I don’t want to talk about that. I just want to see Hendo [Jordan Henderson] with the trophy. I don’t focus on the contract at the moment. I don’t want to be selfish. I am staying next season for sure.” Salah said.
Salah joined Liverpool from Roma in 2017 and has scored 156 goals in 253 games since then.
Meanwhile, the Reds are also unsure of the future of Senegalese forward Sadio Mane, who has been severally linked with a move away from Anfield, including a potential move to Bayern Munich.
Mane scored 23 goals in all competitions for Liverpool this season as they won a domestic double with the UEFA Champions League final also in view.
When asked about his future, the AFCON winner with the Senegalese national team in January said he will give an update about his future after the UEFA Champions League final on Saturday.
However, what he didn’t reveal is whether the result of the final will have an effect on his decision.
Written by: Daniel Ademiju Idowu