The NBA has decided to help fill the void for live sports by organizing an NBA 2K20 Players-Only Tournament. The event will air on ESPN starting on April 3 and it will have 16 NBA players competing against each other in NBA 2K20 games.
NBA players are in hotel rooms when they travel and they play video games on their spare time often. This tournament is made so people can have some fun and forget the problems in the world but the players will be competitive.
NBA 2K20 Players-Only Tournament 1st Round Matchups
(1) Kevin Durant vs. (16) Derrick Jones Jr.
(2) Trae Young vs. (15) Harrison Barnes
(3) Hassan Whiteside vs. (14) Patrick Beverley
(4) Donovan Mitchell vs. (13) Rui Hachimura
(5) Devin Booker vs. (12) Michael Porter Jr.
(6) Andre Drummond vs. (11) DeMarcus Cousins
(7) Zach LaVine vs. (10) Deandre Ayton
(8) Montrezl Harrell vs. (9) Domantas Sabonis
The players that participate will be seeded based on their NBA 2K20 rating. Kevin Durant (96) has the No. 1 seed and Derrick Jones Jr. (78) is No. 16. If two players have identical overall ratings, the one with more years playing in the NBA would be given the higher seed.
While this is not real basketball, it is the next best thing, as NBA 2K20 has realistic graphics and gameplay. This along with NBA players facing against each other will make this a fun to watch tournament that will feel like we have basketball.